WHAT IS SEPTA?
If your Child.....
- has an IEP or a 504 plan, or
- is in a special education class, or
- gets “building level services” such as speech, OT, PT, “lunch bunch,” or RTI, or
- has ever needed the help of a school psychologist or social worker, or
- has severe allergies or other medical condition, or
- has to or has ever had to miss extended class time due to an injury or illness,
THEN SEPTA CAN HELP YOU!
email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.
Upcoming Activities and Events
Announcing RISING STARS SUMMER FUN
6 weeks on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (July 7 - August 13)
12pm - 3pm at Increase Miller Elementary
SEPTA W(h)ine and Conversation
Friday, April 17th from 7:30pm-10:00PM
Location: private residence (Please RSVP for location email@example.com)
Now accepting Golden Heart Award Nominations today!
Deadline May 1, 2015
Award Ceremony to be held at Field Day, May 30th 3pm at the Lewisboro Town Park.
Click here to nominate a parent, student and/or community member.
Rising Stars Baseball and Rising Stars Running
Come join us for this non-competitive instructional program for boys and girls (K-8) interested in a non-competitive sports environment. Our experienced coaches focuses on the fundamentals and skills of these sports in an inclusive, controlled setting. It is a great environment where siblings can play together! Registration begins Friday, March 27 th when the Town Parks & Recreation brochure is available. Visit www.lewisborogov.com/parksrec
Relay for Life and SEPTA
Saturday, June 6, 2016, 5pm
Location: Onatru Farm
Interested in forming a SEPTA team for the upcoming Relay for Life? SEPTA would like to set up a “quiet zone” fundraiser at Onatru for children with sensory needs. Ideas include providing a place for children to take a break from all of the activities. All funds raised will go directly to Relay for Life. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining our team.
Katonah-Lewisboro Special Education PTA (SEPTA) is a district-wide Parent Teacher Association organized for the specific purpose of providing information and support to parents of children with special needs, including children involved in resource room help, speech and other special services as well as children with severe allergies and extended absences.
We are also a welcoming community of parents who support each other in this journey we share in raising a child with special needs.
What do we do?
- We host monthly Parent Coffees in a residential home.
- We organize the Rising Stars sports program for children with special needs through the Lewisboro Town Park and John Jay Futbol Club.
- We run an annual award winning workshop “Differences Day” for all 2nd and 5th graders in Katonah Lewisboro District. See link.
- We host SEPTA meetings at JJMS Library with speakers and topics of interest to our community.
- We host fun community events like “Field Day” in the Town Park.
- We keep our members informed of related events hosted outside our School District.
- We host a private Facebook group “Katonah Lewisboro SEPTA Moms” (for parents of children with who receive services in our District) and "Katonah Lewisboro Special Education" (for parents, staff, practitioners, anyone interested in Special Ed in our district).
- We are your voice to the District and our Board Members, with whom we meet regularly through Parent Council meetings and one-on-one meetings with our Director of Special Services, Connie Hayes.
- We work with the Office of Special Services to bring valuable programs to our schools like SPARC after-school programs and summer camp.
For information, contact one of the SEPTA officers.