WHAT IS SEPTA?
If your Child.....
- has an IEP or a 504 plan, or
- is in a special education class, or
- gets “building level services” such as speech, OT, PT, “lunch bunch,” or RTI, or
- has ever needed the help of a school psychologist or social worker, or
- has severe allergies or other medical condition, or
- has to or has ever had to miss extended class time due to an injury or illness,
THEN SEPTA CAN HELP YOU!
email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.
Upcoming Activities and Events
Registration is open for Rising Stars Basketball
Saturdays, January 10--March 14, 2:30-4pm
Register with the Lewisboro Parks & Recreation
For more information, visit www.klsepta.org/sports-activities
Monday, January 12th, 7pm [Snow date Jan 14]
Transitioning from CPSE to CSE, a presentation by the Office of Special Services CPSE Chairperson Alyssa Montgomery
Location: JJMS Library
Tuesday, February 10th, 7pm
Parent W(h)ine & Conversation
Location: private residence. RSVP for location: email@example.com
PAST: December 8th presentation download
Special Services for Preschool Children: A Roundtable Discussion with the K-L Office of Special Services
Location: JJMS Library
Download Alyssa Montgomery's presentation:
Katonah-Lewisboro Office of Special Services CPSE Chairperson Alyssa Montgomery's presentation from the SEPTA Meeting on December 8, 2014.
14-1208 - AMontgomery SEPTA presentation[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [462.7 KB]
Katonah-Lewisboro Special Education PTA (SEPTA) is a district-wide Parent Teacher Association organized for the specific purpose of providing information and support to parents of children with special needs, including children involved in resource room help, speech and other special services as well as children with severe allergies and extended absences.
We are also a welcoming community of parents who support each other in this journey we share in raising a child with special needs.
What do we do?
- We host monthly Parent Coffees in a residential home.
- We organize the Rising Stars sports program for children with special needs through the Lewisboro Town Park and John Jay Futbol Club.
- We run an annual award winning workshop “Differences Day” for all 2nd and 5th graders in Katonah Lewisboro District. See link.
- We host SEPTA meetings at JJMS Library with speakers and topics of interest to our community.
- We host fun community events like “Field Day” in the Town Park.
- We keep our members informed of related events hosted outside our School District.
- We host a private Facebook group “Katonah Lewisboro SEPTA Moms” (for parents of children with who receive services in our District) and "Katonah Lewisboro Special Education" (for parents, staff, practitioners, anyone interested in Special Ed in our district).
- We are your voice to the District and our Board Members, with whom we meet regularly through Parent Council meetings and one-on-one meetings with our Director of Special Services, Connie Hayes.
- We work with the Office of Special Services to bring valuable programs to our schools like SPARC after-school programs and summer camp.
For information, contact one of the SEPTA officers.
To view the latest presentation from the Office of Special Services, click here.