WHAT IS SEPTA?
If your Child.....
- has an IEP or a 504 plan, or
- is in a special education class, or
- gets “building level services” such as speech, OT, PT, “lunch bunch,” or RTI, or
- has ever needed the help of a school psychologist or social worker, or
- has severe allergies or other medical condition, or
- has to or has ever had to miss extended class time due to an injury or illness,
THEN SEPTA CAN HELP YOU!
email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.
Upcoming Activities and Events
KLSEPTA would like to congratulate this year's Golden Heart Award Winners, Tom Tobin, the John Jay Futbol Club, and student Max Rappy for the incredible impact they have made in our community of children with special needs. Thank you for all your time and dedication!
KLSEPTA’s 2nd Annual Field Day was a huge success!
We would like to thank all the volunteers, local businesses, raffle donations and everyone who came out to support us!
RISING STARS SUMMER FUN STARTS Tuesday, JULY 7!
6 weeks on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (July 7 - August 13)
12pm - 3pm at Increase Miller Elementary
Katonah-Lewisboro Special Education PTA (SEPTA) is a district-wide Parent Teacher Association organized for the specific purpose of providing information and support to parents of children with special needs, including children involved in resource room help, speech and other special services as well as children with severe allergies and extended absences.
We are also a welcoming community of parents who support each other in this journey we share in raising a child with special needs.
What do we do?
- We host monthly Parent Coffees in a residential home.
- We organize the Rising Stars sports program for children with special needs through the Lewisboro Town Park and John Jay Futbol Club.
- We run an annual award winning workshop “Differences Day” for all 2nd and 5th graders in Katonah Lewisboro District. See link.
- We host SEPTA meetings at JJMS Library with speakers and topics of interest to our community.
- We host fun community events like “Field Day” in the Town Park.
- We keep our members informed of related events hosted outside our School District.
- We host a private Facebook group “Katonah Lewisboro SEPTA Moms” (for parents of children with who receive services in our District) and "Katonah Lewisboro Special Education" (for parents, staff, practitioners, anyone interested in Special Ed in our district).
- We are your voice to the District and our Board Members, with whom we meet regularly through Parent Council meetings and one-on-one meetings with our Director of Special Services, Connie Hayes.
- We work with the Office of Special Services to bring valuable programs to our schools like SPARC after-school programs and summer camp.
For information, contact one of the SEPTA officers.