SEPTA is gearing up for a busy spring!
Spring Break Fundraiser at Art on Fire
Saturday, April 12 to Saturday, April 19, 2014
Looking for a fun family activity during spring break? Bring the attached flyer with you to Wilton’s Art on Fire pottery painting studio and have a great time creating your own works of art. From April 12 to April 19, 20% of your total bill will go to help the Katonah-Lewisboro Special Education PTA (SEPTA).
Location: Art on Fire Studio, 991 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT
For business hours, call Art on Fire at 203-544-9944
Click here for Flyer. You will need this to participate.
Our Next SEPTA Parent Coffee
Thursday, April 24th, 10:30am-noon
Location: Private Residence (will provide location upon RSVP)
Come meet other parents of children (preschool through high school and beyond) with special needs in the community! Our goal is to support each other in this journey we share in parenting a child with special needs.
RSVP or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Next SEPTA Meeting (and also meet the Elementary School Principals)
Monday, May 5th, Refreshments 7pm, Speaker 7:30pm JJMS Library
Topic: “Co-Viewing TV” presented by Dr. Melissa Morgenlander
Family TV viewing is a thing of the past. Today each family member has become isolated in their own personal screens, and parents are missing out on a great opportunity. Learn how Co-viewing TV can not only help us bond with our children, but we can enrich their learning and validate their way of thinking.
In addition, we are pleased to announce that our elementary school principals will be attending our meeting to introduce themselves to the SEPTA community. This is a great chance to get to know the Principals of your new school if your child is transitioning.
CPSE/CSE Parent Member training
Monday, May 5th at 9 am-2pm
WIHD (Westchester Institute for Human Development), Valhalla, NY.
The role of the Parent Member at a Committee meeting is to: Advocate for the child’s needs, Support the parent(s) and explain the process as needed, Provide feedback from a parent’s point of view, Seek clarification and explain to the parent as needed, Participate in decisions as an equal member of the committee. This is an invaluable training for all parents, whether you decide to be an active Parent Member or not.
Register by calling their office: (914) 493-8119
SEPTA Field Day (Call for Volunteers)
May 31, 2014 (Rain Date June 1st) 3:00-5:00pm
LEWISBORO TOWN PARK
All are welcome! Food, Baked Goods, Children’s Activities, AMAZING Raffles and more. Come meet our Rising Stars Coaches and check out their fabulous sports programs. Proceeds Help KLSEPTA raise money for a SPARC Summer Program. Please email email@example.com with questions or to volunteer! We are looking for volunteers to run raffles, setup, gift basket donations, and to advertise this fun day in the sun.
Rising Stars Baseball and Rising Stars Running
Registration is available! See the Lewisboro Parks and Rec brochure for more info or visit www.lewisborogov.com/Government/departments/parksandrecreation/index.html
Support SEPTA's Fundraiser! Mabel's Labels
Order before June 15
Katonah Lewisboro SEPTA is once again fundraising with Mabel's Labels, a company with all types of labels that are colorful, indestructible, easy-to-use and fun! Offering iron-ons, Stickies, Bag Tags, Allergy Alert labels & more. Personalize your labels with names, nicknames, initials - whatever you choose. Cool icons help even little ones identify their own belongings. Dishwasher, microwave, laundry & kid tested. To help SEPTA, visit www.klsepta.mabel.ca and place your order before June 15!
Katonah-Lewisboro Special Education PTA (SEPTA) is a district-wide Parent Teacher Association organized for the specific purpose of providing information and support to parents of children with special needs, including children involved in resource room help, speech and other special services.
We are also a welcoming community of parents who support each other in this journey we share in raising a child with special needs.
What do we do?
- We host monthly Parent Coffees in a residential home.
- We organize the Rising Stars sports program for children with special needs through the Lewisboro Town Park and John Jay Futbol Club.
- We run an annual elementary aged award winning workshop “Differences Day” for all 2nd and 5th graders in Katonah Lewisboro.
- We host SEPTA meetings at JJMS Library with speakers and topics of interest to our community.
- We host fun community events like our upcoming “Field Day” on Saturday, May 31st in the Lewisboro Town Park from 3-5pm.
- We keep our members informed of related events hosted outside our School District.
- We have a private Facebook group (“Katonah Lewisboro SEPTA Moms”) solely for parents of children with special needs in our District i.e. no practitioners or solicitors.
- We are your voice to the District and our Board Members, with whom we meet regularly through Parent Council meetings and one-on-one meetings with our Director of Special Services, Connie Hayes.
- We work with the Office of Special Services to bring valuable programs to our schools like SPARC after-school programs and summer camp.
For information, contact one of the SEPTA officers.
To view the latest presentation from the Office of Special Services, click here.