WHAT IS SEPTA?
If your Child.....
- has an IEP or a 504 plan, or
- is in a special education class, or
- gets “building level services” such as speech, OT, PT, “lunch bunch,” or RTI, or
- has ever needed the help of a school psychologist or social worker, or
- has severe allergies or other medical condition, or
- has to or has ever had to miss extended class time due to an injury or illness,
THEN SEPTA CAN HELP YOU!
email email@example.com to be added to our mailing list.
Upcoming Activities and Events
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying these final days of summer. We are looking forward to many exciting events this year as we welcome a new SEPTA Board to Katonah Lewisboro. We hope you will take advantage of the many opportunities we plan to provide for our members - parents, teachers, faculty - to connect with one another. Please do not forget to join SEPTA today!
Now Accepting 2015-16 Membership Dues!
JOIN SEPTA TODAY!
Support special education in Katonah-Lewisboro.
Your dues go a long way to support our many efforts to benefit special educationin our district.
Back by popular demand, our monthly coffees are held at a private residence where you can connect with other parents of children who receive special services in the district. We are here to support each other. Please RSVP for location.
SEPTA KICKOFF MEETING: SEPTEMBER 29th
Location: JJMS Library
Meet our new SEPTA Board, our Director of Special Services and our new Superintendent. Join us for refreshments as we discuss our goals for the 2015-16 year. We encourage you to attend to connect with other parents and members of the special services faculty. Come share your ideas and get involved.
Katonah-Lewisboro Special Education PTA (SEPTA) is a district-wide Parent Teacher Association organized for the specific purpose of providing information and support to parents of children with special needs, including children involved in resource room help, speech and other special services as well as children with severe allergies and extended absences.
We are also a welcoming community of parents who support each other in this journey we share in raising a child with special needs.
What do we do?
- We host monthly Parent Coffees in a residential home.
- We organize the Rising Stars sports program for children with special needs through the Lewisboro Town Park and John Jay Futbol Club.
- We run an annual award winning workshop “Differences Day” for all 2nd and 5th graders in Katonah Lewisboro District. See link.
- We host SEPTA meetings at JJMS Library with speakers and topics of interest to our community.
- We host fun community events like “Field Day” in the Town Park.
- We keep our members informed of related events hosted outside our School District.
- We host a private Facebook group “Katonah Lewisboro SEPTA Moms” (for parents of children with who receive services in our District) and "Katonah Lewisboro Special Education" (for parents, staff, practitioners, anyone interested in Special Ed in our district).
- We are your voice to the District and our Board Members, with whom we meet regularly through Parent Council meetings and one-on-one meetings with our Director of Special Services, Connie Hayes.
- We work with the Office of Special Services to bring valuable programs to our schools like SPARC after-school programs and summer camp.
For information, contact us.