WHAT IS SEPTA?
If your Child.....
- has an IEP or a 504 plan, or
- is in a special education class, or
- gets “building level services” such as speech, OT, PT, “lunch bunch,” or RTI, or
- has ever needed the help of a school psychologist or social worker, or
- has severe allergies or other medical condition, or
- has to or has ever had to miss extended class time due to an injury or illness,
THEN SEPTA CAN HELP YOU!
email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.
Activities and Events Coming Up Soon!
***THIS SATURDAY, August 23rd***
International Pro Soccer Game Coming to Cross River on August 23rd
The Atlanta Silverbacks and New England Force, two professional soccer teams, will come together on John Jay High School Stadium Contest Field on August 23rd at 6pm. This game will be a charity event raising funds for the Katonah-Lewisboro Special Education PTA (SEPTA). In addition, Israeli Womens National Team Star Diane Redman Bar Oz will be holding a free clinic at halftime.
In a build up to the game, three one hour clinics will be organized in the Community. If you are interested in hosting a clinic at your residence please let us know at email@example.com. There will be a special guest speaker at each clinic. Tickets are available for purchase by clicking here.
Rising Stars Soccer (August through October)
Registration is open now! John Jay Futbol Club (JJFC) Soccer registration is open! They will again be offering Rising Stars Soccer for anyone interested.
Rising Stars is a soccer program specifically designed for special needs children. It is open to children in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Practices will be held on Saturdays at Increase Miller #4 (Right Side of School) and run from 10:30-12:00.
Here is the link from the JJFC site explaining Rising Stars and registration info:
Stay Tuned for our 2014-15 School Year Calendar!
Katonah-Lewisboro Special Education PTA (SEPTA) is a district-wide Parent Teacher Association organized for the specific purpose of providing information and support to parents of children with special needs, including children involved in resource room help, speech and other special services as well as children with severe allergies and extended absences.
We are also a welcoming community of parents who support each other in this journey we share in raising a child with special needs.
What do we do?
- We host monthly Parent Coffees in a residential home.
- We organize the Rising Stars sports program for children with special needs through the Lewisboro Town Park and John Jay Futbol Club.
- We run an annual elementary aged award winning workshop “Differences Day” for all 2nd and 5th graders in Katonah Lewisboro District.
- We host SEPTA meetings at JJMS Library with speakers and topics of interest to our community.
- We host fun community events like our “Field Day”
- We keep our members informed of related events hosted outside our School District.
- We have a private Facebook group (“Katonah Lewisboro SEPTA Moms”) solely for parents of children with special needs in our District i.e. no practitioners or solicitors.
- We are your voice to the District and our Board Members, with whom we meet regularly through Parent Council meetings and one-on-one meetings with our Director of Special Services, Connie Hayes.
- We work with the Office of Special Services to bring valuable programs to our schools like SPARC after-school programs and summer camp.
For information, contact one of the SEPTA officers.
To view the latest presentation from the Office of Special Services, click here.