WHAT IS SEPTA?
If your Child.....
- has an IEP or a 504 plan, or
- is in a special education class, or
- gets “building level services” such as speech, OT, PT, “lunch bunch,” or RTI, or
- has ever needed the help of a school psychologist or social worker, or
- has severe allergies or other medical condition, or
- has to or has ever had to miss extended class time due to an injury or illness,
THEN SEPTA CAN HELP YOU!
email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.
Upcoming Activities and Events
Monday, December 8th at 7pm JJMS Library
Special Services for Preschool Children:
A Roundtable Discussion with the K-L Office of Special Services
Parents can't help but compare children. Maybe you have noticed that your child isn't
speaking, walking, or using writing and eating utensils quite as adeptly as other children.
Maybe your child's teacher or pediatrician has noted developmental milestones your child
may have missed. Maybe your child already receives services through Early Intervention,
but you are wondering what is ahead. Come meet and mingle with other parents like you, get the answers to your questions, and learn what happens next. Please RSVP for this event by emailing email@example.com
Parent Member Training: Learn to advocate and support other parents at IEP Meetings:
December 5 at Rockland BOCES. For more info, click here.
Katonah-Lewisboro Special Education PTA (SEPTA) is a district-wide Parent Teacher Association organized for the specific purpose of providing information and support to parents of children with special needs, including children involved in resource room help, speech and other special services as well as children with severe allergies and extended absences.
We are also a welcoming community of parents who support each other in this journey we share in raising a child with special needs.
What do we do?
- We host monthly Parent Coffees in a residential home.
- We organize the Rising Stars sports program for children with special needs through the Lewisboro Town Park and John Jay Futbol Club.
- We run an annual elementary aged award winning workshop “Differences Day” for all 2nd and 5th graders in Katonah Lewisboro District.
- We host SEPTA meetings at JJMS Library with speakers and topics of interest to our community.
- We host fun community events like our “Field Day”
- We keep our members informed of related events hosted outside our School District.
- We have a private Facebook group (“Katonah Lewisboro SEPTA Moms”) solely for parents of children with special needs in our District i.e. no practitioners or solicitors.
- We are your voice to the District and our Board Members, with whom we meet regularly through Parent Council meetings and one-on-one meetings with our Director of Special Services, Connie Hayes.
- We work with the Office of Special Services to bring valuable programs to our schools like SPARC after-school programs and summer camp.
For information, contact one of the SEPTA officers.
To view the latest presentation from the Office of Special Services, click here.